Sunday 26 January 2014

RSPB Garden Birdwatch 2014!

The RSPB Garden Birdwatch is an annual event where the RSPB encourage us all to spend an hour of our time watching the wildlife in our gardens, parks and nature reserves.
(My Garden)
I had left my count until today having had other commitments yesterday. I was slightly concerned having looked at the weather forecast which was predicting rain with strong winds.
(Dunnock)
I have nine feeders in my garden which hold, niger seed, sunflower hearts (husk and husk free), peanut, a high energy and a mixed ground seed.  The feeders have a good cover base with a small apple tree butterfly bush and shrubs which overhang the small pond.
(Blackbird)
I filled up the feeders and threw out chopped up rotten apples prior to the count. I then placed myself discreetly in my kitchen looking out of my double doors. These doors are double glazed which is not ideal for photography but the birds don’t seem to be put off by my presence.

(House Sparrow)
The count started off slowly but once the squadron of House Sparrow had landed other species soon followed on. I did not record anything unusual this year but enjoy the hours birding. 
(Robin)
My sighting which only include visitors to the garden:- 
House Sparrow 13 (24 highest count), Starling 4, Collared Dove 3, Wood Pigeon 3, Great Tit 2, Blackbird 2m, Dunnock 2, Feral Pigeon 2, Robin 2, Goldfinch, Blue Tit
(Wood Pigeon)
A late arrival that did not make the list....
(Rose-ringed Parakeet)
I must say I am disappointed with this years online submission process which is normally quick and easy to complete!


No comments:

Post a Comment