Tuesday 18 June 2019

Banstead Downs Golf Course - Fire in the Hole!


I noticed a lot of insects as I peered out of the window this morning. It was quite entertaining watching the Starlings Swallow diving to catch their breakfast. This activity triggered the desire to get out into the local area to see what else was around.

My internal compass had me heading to Banstead Downs Golf Course which has public footpaths taking the casual rambler through woodland, grassland and open areas that are dissected by well maintained fairways.
I could have stayed out much longer than I did but made it back to the car just in time for the rain to start. I recorded twenty four species including Firecrest, Coal Tit and Kestrel. I will be keeping an eye on this area in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment