Wednesday 18 December 2019

Canons Farm - Plenty of Passerines!


I have been keeping a casual eye on Canons Farm limiting my visits to a few hours. This gives me enough time to scour the fields for the Linnet c200 today and Chaffinch 66 birds. The former came together as one group during the latter part of the day. 
The Chaffinch was feeding at close quarters at the back of the watch point. Skylark was also seen in several small flocks today.


At around Mid-day I ventured past Lunch Wood and continued watching from the log. I have seen a regular passage of Fieldfare 159 today whom I can only surmise they are going to a feeding area as roughly an hour later they all return flying towards the L & G building. There was mixed flocks today including Redwing 46 and a few more Skylark making the total 31.


The L & G field had its usual array of regular passerines and a single Common Gull who was very keen to attract my attention. There were not many gulls on site Herring and Black Headed were seen passing overhead.

Yellowhammer was divided between Canons Farmhouse and the back of Lunch Wood. The biggest group was 7. A couple of Buzzard was being chased about by the corvids that still have a few Rook present.
Thirty two species recorded today on the Farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment