Friday 7 April 2023

Dorset - Bardolf Farm - Mixed Bag!

I took an afternoon jaunt onto the Farm and during my rounds I managed to log my first House Martins of the year. It won’t be long before they take up residence in the village! The Siberian Chiffchaff was not at Athelhampton but it has moved before therefore it does not mean it has moved on.

Mid afternoon I set my stall up in “The Hide” and had my eyes firmly fixed on the ridge. The thermals were good as several Buzzard gathered to spar with each other. A Red Kite briefly joined this group before moving on SW.

The drake Tufted Duck re-appeared on Devils Brook and is still associating with Mallards. The birds took flight late in the afternoon which has me wondering if they are commuting from the lake in Milborne St Andrew.

I stayed out on the Farm until dusk checking fields and listening out for any unusual calls which included a regular evening "Konk" of the pair of Raven! A very pleasant afternoon in the field!  

No comments:

Post a Comment