Monday 14 August 2017

Beddington Farm - MEGA First Farm Record Cattle Egret!


Today I set off with Mark to collect a counter/cabinet for the Sutton Utd Club Shop and all was going well until we made it back onto the A3 and the dreaded call from Dodge flashed up on my phone. At this time of year that can only mean one thing! My immediate reaction on calling him was “What have you got?” The Professor had looked at the Egrets on the island and a Cattle Egret popped its head up!

This was a major deal! The first record for Beddington Farmlands! Blimey will it stick around long enough for me to get there! I did warn Mark that I might be a bit on edge as he drove back to SUFC. A dash to the car and another lightening speed journey and once again I was sprinting over Mile Road bridge to the gates.

The bird was quite content feeding on insects showing for small periods of time and then took a short flight around the front of the island before landing behind a Little Egret!
There seems to be a pattern developing here fortunately I had increased my training in preparation for my trip to Costa Rica but I think I would prefer to be there and not have the rush! Tomorrow I will be at the Farm so it should be a quiet day!

Another SVC and Beddington tick that's two in a week Woo Hoo!! Thanks Prof for keeping everyone on their toes!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kojak, just catching up with the double rarity bonanza over the last week, with the Cattle Egret and Sabine's Gull while I've been in Cornwall with no connection whatsoever! A shame it was this week; hopefully a Sabine's gull does the annual trip again next year!

    ReplyDelete