Friday 25 October 2019

Canons Farm and Banstead Woods - Driven Back By Rain!


Today I took my first outing for some time. This was due to a combination of commitments and a bout of man flue! I took the short journey to Canons Farm to see if the Moorhen was still present at the small pond at the Banstead Woods car park end of the site. 


I travelled light starting at Canon’s Farm noting the flocks of Chaffinch and Linnet in the nearby fields. I planned to return at the end of the morning and sift through them using the telescope. 


I added a couple of new species to my Canon’s Farm tally both of which I was surprised I had not seen on the Farmlands before! The former Canada Goose I was certain I had not seen before, but Long Tailed Tit…Really!! The total now stands at 79 species which includes Blackcap seen in July and Sand Martin in September. 
Throughout the autumn period I have been logging my sightings on Birdtrack which has meant my wildlife recorder has not been kept up to date. Too much duplication of records the excuse!

I made it back to the car despite the driving rain but did not get a chance to sift through the flocks of passerines feeding in the fields opposite Canon’s Farmhouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment