Friday 6 August 2021

Dorset - Lychett Fields RSPB - Curlew Sandpiper Dot Shot!

 

A Curlew Sandpiper was spending its second day at Lychett Fields RSPB. The plan was to train in the morning and wait for the evening high tide to bag the bird! The plan worked but it took a while of searching before I located the bird feeding in the channels between the growing number of Blackwits and gulls. I got Garry onto the bird before it took a further back seat almost out of camera range.

A Whimbrel was a bit more obliging parading itself within reasonable distance of my 300mm lens!
I waited until the tide had come in before leaving for the short journey home but before I left I located an adult Yellow Legged Gull which loafed around before flying to the back of the marsh! This bird has been reported as a possible hybrid x Herring. Back to the photos!

Tomorrow it’s time to witness some history Sutton Utd play their first game in EFL League Two away to Forest Green Rovers which incidentally is not too far from my new home! I never thought I would witness this in my lifetime. I could find a Dodo tomorrow and it would not match the excitement I feel in anticipation of the game and season ahead!  

No comments:

Post a Comment