Thursday 30 September 2021

Dorset - Cress Beds - Given the Green Light!

 

I have been keeping a casual eye on the local cress beds and have been welcomed by the staff as a regular face at these locations. I have a particular quarry in the back of my mind but it may still be a bit early for this species to spend the winter.
Green Sandpipers are considered regular fair on cress beds despite the apparent unsuitability of the habitat. I had close views today of three birds that were feeding in the channels. The birds were busy feeding in the shallow running water.
Grey and Pied Wagtails are resident with Meadow Pipit and Linnet regular visitors to the beds. Yellow Wagtail can be found on passage during the migratory period.

I am looking forward to the Water meadows flooding again which will add to my local birding circuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment