Saturday 20 July 2013

Weymouth....Dorset Part II

My next stop was at The Ferrybridge Inn at Chesil Beach.  The tide was out but there were Little Tern on the buoys in the centre of the inlet. A Black-tailed Godwit was seen in flight along with an Oystercatcher and a Dunlin was seen along the water’s edge.
(Little Tern)
I had heard that Mediterranean Gull had been seen at Radipole RSPB, this was to be my next port of call. The conditions were perfect with no wind which would improve the chances of seeing  Bearded Readling & Cetti’s Warbler sadly I did not hear or see the former even though they had been reported that morning.
(Reed Warbler)
 I did however get excellent views of Reed Warbler, Whitethroat and a Dunnock who literally walked up to my foot.
(Mediterranean Gull)
Two Mediterranean Gulls were seen though, one of which had a silver ring which I could not read.

The sun was at its height and bird activity had all but ceased so I made my way to Lodmoor RSPB. The only species of any note were five Oystercatcher & two Little Egret.


I then made my way to The Martyrs Inn at Tolpuddle for the birthday surprise which had remained a secret.  Numerous friends & family must have crept into the village under the cover of darkness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment