Thursday 2 July 2020

SVC17 - Walton Reservoirs - Ninja strikes Gold!


I rattle on about taking your eye off June at your peril and for most of the month it was predictably quiet particularly at Beddington Farm. But there is always a Ninja (Dave Harris) lurking in the shadows searching for some SVC17 gold.
He once again did not disappoint firstly finding a Boneparte’s Gull on the Walton Reservoirs which was the second record for the county.
Not satisfied with his quarry he struck again a few days later with a Roseate Tern a species that I missed whilst travelling in 2012.

To quote the man “When are you boys going to find me something good?” Well Dave it has to be something crazy good for you to come running from your little goldmine!

Thanks that’s another bird I owe you! My SVC17 list now stands at 240 species!

No comments:

Post a Comment