Thursday 29 October 2020

Dorset - Garden Watch - A New Shire and A New Challenge!

Times have been a bit manic of late as I prepared to up sticks and move to a new Shire. The day came soon enough and the journey down to Dorset was made in driving rain! I did not manage to beat the removals but arrived just in the nick of time to pick up the keys before the estate agents closed for the day.

I must say the Anyvan removal guys were top rate and the vans were unloaded in double quick time leaving a pile of boxes inside my new abode.  The thought of opening them all did not have the same intensity as the thrill of Christmas day but they had to be opened all the same!

My priority for the new day was to put some feeders up in the garden! I had already spied a Wren and a Robin from my bedroom window. I could not spend the whole day gazing into the garden but kept a casual eye on developments from the windows.

A House Sparrow was spied taking a drink from the top of the water butt but did not venture onto the feeders until later on in the afternoon. Blue Tit was moving between the trees passing over the garden along with a Pied Wagtail, Meadow Pipit, Goldfinch, Feral Pigeon, Herring Gull, Starling and numerous Jackdaw. The later seemed to be spooked mid morning but I could not find the culprit.

There were no surprises as to the first visitor onto the ground feeder. A Wood Pigeon that became bolder as the day progressed.  A Canada Goose was heard honking mid afternoon which completed the days tally!

More unpacking tomorrow with an eye and ear on alert at all times!

No comments:

Post a Comment