Friday 19 November 2021

Dorset - Portland - Flitting Flycatcher at the Observatory!

 

I caught up with another lingering bird at Portland Bird Observatory today. The Red-breasted Flycatcher was spending its second day in the observatory garden. It had been trapped and processed earlier on in the day and was busy feeding in trees flitting about between the branches hardly pausing for breath between snacks! 

Although the bird was easy to view through binoculars getting any kind of a picture was proving very tricky so I grabbed my ground mat and sat it out missing a few opportunities before I secured a shot!

I spent the rest of the day trawling other Portland hotspots for passerines but could not jam into anything unusual. At least now I can tell Charlie that I have been trying with my yearlist! 

I am now preparing for a weekend on the turf which includes a couple of interesting Cup ties!

No comments:

Post a Comment