Thursday 26 September 2013

Easterly Blow..!

The weather forecast for the next few days is very Beddington Farm friendly. Easterly winds cloud and the possibility of some rain all combined with the end of September makes things very interesting indeed. I am glad the weather continues into the weekend! I always have one eye on my phone at this time of year. I use rbnUK news which can be linked into via a twitter account.

The Farm experienced a good passage of Meadow Pipit and Wigeon this morning and Buzzard started appearing from all directions. On my phone there were regular reports of Yellow Browed Warbler (YBW) in the country. I have seen a single YBW in Surrey at Blackwater Park on 7th March 2007 which flitted between the Hampshire and the Surrey border. I pondered the thought of one turning up at the Farm!
(Marsh Harrier)
Bird of the day a Marsh Harrier waited for the afternoon to show itself. It was greeted with the usual Crow welcome but did stick around for a short while before getting fed up with the attention it was getting and flying off NW.
(Marsh Harrier)
The E winds continue tomorrow which means more one eye phone watching and hopefully the weekend will bring a fall of birds at the Farm.!

No comments:

Post a Comment