Wednesday 2 April 2014

Pauraque saves the day!!

Tuesday 1st April
The storm had passed over by early afternoon and the sun was burning its way through the cloud. I began a search of the Lagoon for any migrants that may have been pushed down by the storm.  I took the opportunity to complete a count.
(Social Flycatcher)
Earlier on in the day a group of Social Flycatcher had passed through the base. This caused a minor tremor when I saw a rufous edge to the wings (Rusty Margined Flycatcher a recent new bird for Paraguay). The bird had a red crown which confirmed its identity.
(Pauraque)
I completed my first list easily but the second was not to be completed until 1945hrs when a Pauraque saved the day. Incomplete lists cannot be used for comparison. Juggling a headlamp to keep the bird frozen to the spot and my camera I took pictures of the bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment