Monday 25 March 2024

Dorset - Bardolf Farm - Afternoon Pursuit over the Farm!

I took a mid afternoon jaunt over to the Farm today. The waters are receding which is leaving a network of muddy edges that may well tempt a shorebird or two! After my initial vigil from Athelhampton Road I donned the wellies and went to view the meadows from the Causeway pond moving round to the gate to mill mead which is still under water. A couple of Sand Martin were noted around the area of causeway pond!

As I was there a white dove entered from the east with an adult Goshawk in hot pursuit. There were a few twists and turns as the chase ventured through the trees towards Athelhampton Road. I managed a few shots but none will win any awards and the fate of the dove is unknown.

The female Goosander was still present late on at Athelhampton!

The doves are common in the village and on my feeders. They regularly fly low along Athelhampton Road buzzing past me if I am on watch there!

I think the next few days will be spent walking the fields in these areas as the habitat looks good for something to drop in!

No comments:

Post a Comment