Monday 25 October 2021

Dorset - Lychett Fields - Hoopoe finally Nailed in the County!

 

I went on one of the quickest twitches in my birding career to Lychett Fields today. My quarry was a Hoopoe which was spending its third day in the allotments. Time was not an issue but the behavior of birders was so I ticked from distance (unlike some chasing the bird down the path) and ran. No wonder birders are frowned upon and rarities are suppressed!
I zoomed back to the Water meadows to note more arrivals in Greylag and Canada Goose. The water levels are on the rise which encouraged Mediterranean, Black-headed, Common, Lesser Black-backed and Herring Gulls to wash up before moving on.

I have corrected my raptor id from my last post. No wonder the pigeons went crazy as the juvenile Goshawk flew over the meadows pursued by a Raven! Could this be considered reverse stringing?!
I tend to throw the camera at anything different which is why this puzzle was easily resolved!

No comments:

Post a Comment