Monday 17 July 2023

Dorset - Lodmoor RSPB - Morning Round Up!

I put on a slightly different hat on today meeting a pal of my brothers for a mornings birding at Lodmoor RSPB. Guy is relatively new to birding therefore the aim of the morning was to see as many different species as possible on the reserve.

The first bird of the day was a life bird for Guy a Great Egret on Post-box pool! It was here that I realized my cameras auto focus was not functioning! I recently failed to take photos of an Oystercatcher at Bardolf Farm and at the time I was a bit bemused as to why the camera struggled to lock onto the bird. I do wonder if this is a temporary issue or something more permanent!

Most of today’s photos have also been scrapped due to being out of focus! 

The morning was a pleasant journey with around 40 species recorded on the reserve. Sandwich Tern, Black tailed Godwit, Redshank, Oystercatcher and a Common Sandpiper were the reward for a thorough search of the margins.

Camera update: I have switched my fixed 300mm to another lens and cleaned it. Having swapped both back as AF was working on the Zoom 75-300mm. The 300mm AF is now working again. Water/Damp in the system maybe?! 


No comments:

Post a Comment