Wednesday 5 July 2023

Puddletown Water Meadows Bardolf Farm - Rain and Shine!

The rain yesterday was welcomed particularly in the garden. It also gave me the nudge I needed to get up at stupid o clock this morning to see what had been forced down as the front cleared. The Water Meadows has held water on some of the pools throughout the year and this was my first staging post. 
Green Sandpiper was very skittish on Mill Mead but this gave me a good opportunity to count them and check for a Wood Sandpiper!
Large Skipper

The Egyptian Geese have successfully bred again but judging by the age of the goslings I would say this is a late or second brood with the first failing! A family of Moorhen and Pied Wagtail were also feeding in the margins of the river.
Essex Skipper

The morning brightened up which provoked a butterfly fest within the fields and set aside to the crops. I managed to photograph most species with Peacock slipping the net.

Meadow Brown female

There is more unsettled weather as the week progresses therefore I had better keep an eye on things just in case something unusual drops in!

No comments:

Post a Comment