Sunday 5 May 2019

Singapore - Dairy Farm Nature Park - Flying around on the MRT!


I took an early morning visit to Gardens by the Bay to see the Lesser Whistling Duck. The pair was on the smaller of the lily covered ponds and caught me by surprise as they took to the skies giving me binocular views only. I missed the Pheasant Tailed Jacana which made a brief appearance at Satay by the Bay. The pictures can be seen on the Singapore Birders Facebook page.


I then returned to the Dairy Farm Nature Park and had slightly better success in getting photos of the Blue Winged Leafbird that were visiting the fruiting tree just off the path.


Dark Necked Tailorbird was added to my life list such a lot of noise from such a small bird.


Olive winged Bulbul was the next lifer to be added feeding in the same tree.

A couple of White Bellied Sea Eagle flew over along with a mystery raptor which was high and out of camera range to secure any detail for identification.

The family party of Little Spiderhunter were still present in the same area.


No comments:

Post a Comment