Monday 6 May 2019

Singapore - Lorong Halus Wetland - An Incredible Journey!


I was on my way to Lorong Halus Wetland this morning when I saw a group of local birdwatchers on a field near some roadworks. I had the Taxi driver drop me off and joined the small group crossing a muddy field. The Pin Tailed Wydah had been seen early morning but all that was showing was the Zitting Cisticola. 

I got chatting to the birders and I was offered a lift to the location of the Baya Weaver nests. I jumped at this opportunity having clearly been in the wrong location yesterday. It transpires I walked on the wrong side of this area as I returned to Pasir Ris yesterday.

It did not take too long to get some shots of both male and female birds which is a good thing as the temperature was rising fast. The pair was busy occasionally chattering to each other. This was a great way to end my trip on a life species.

Many thanks to Singapore Birders FB Group and the people who have taken me to locations I would not have found on my own. The MRT and bus services are also a great way to get around in Singapore.

I will spend time at the airport entering data and pending any additional photo and of course id amendments (I have made a few!) I will finalize my trip totals with Wildlife recorder providing the data:-

Australia species:230 lifers: 200
New Zealand species:96 lifers: 57
Singapore species:101 lifers:82
Trip Total Species: 390 Lifers: 339

For now I am saying goodbye to Singapore and an incredible journey which has seen me traverse Southern Australia and New Zealand!

Where will The Wind Take Me next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment