Monday 6 May 2019

Singapore - Lorong Halus Wetland - Penultimate Day Conundrums!


Lorong Halus Wetlands was then venue for today’s excursion. I took a taxi from Pasir Ris MRT and decided to walk back through Pasir Ris Park. The later part of the journey turned into a challenge as the sun cooked me en route!. I must have lost a few kg in sweat on the way back!

I picked up a few lifers this morning along Pasir Ris Farmway 3 with Scaly Breasted Munia being the easiest to photograph near the treatment works. White Headed Munia was seen in flight.

A Long Tailed Shrike was seen on the railings above the canal near the Mainland Tropical Fish Farm.

The following pictures I thought were weavers both were in the same habitat at seemed to be associating with each other. 
The bird I believe is a male does not fit Bay weaver with its all black head. Bay has a yellow crown down to the neck. The bird had a rufous chest, flanks and black in the wings. The bill was dark which has steered me away from Black Headed Bulbul

This bird is either a female or immature bird and looks a more likely candidate for a Bay Weaver. The legs on the earlier picture were stronger than this individual. I have asked for some id assistance on Singapore birders and await a verdict! - Golden Backed Weaver male and female I can only surmise that this is an introduced species as its range is in Africa. Has bred in UAE since 1992.

My penultimate day in Singapore has been a scorcher hopefully the sun has not totally gone to my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment