Friday 25 December 2020

Dorset - River Piddle Puddletown - White Fronted Christmas!

The watchful eye I have been keeping on the River Piddle seemed to have paid off this morning with a lone White Fronted Goose washing up on the flooded fields. I checked out the birds credentials but could not find anything that would suggest that it was an escape or even a hybrid.

I did manage some photos but again distance seemed to affect the quality of the image. The adult bird remained on its own washing up before venturing closer to dry land.

The area was also loaded with wildfowl, Wigeon, Teal, Canada and a couple of Greylag Geese. There was also a sizeable flock of Lapwing Little Egret and Grey Heron. There was a spattering of Herring Gulls and the regular gathering of corvids in the fields on the higher ground.

I think this is the first time I have been out with the birds on Christmas Day!

3 comments:

  1. Nice one Mate Nice to Meet You This Morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I've Added Your Blog to My Blog If that's Ok

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes no problem. Good to meet you... Thanks

      Delete