Wednesday 24 April 2019

Australia - Perth - Thomson's NR - Kogolup Lake - Flying Visit!


I took a short visit to Kogolup Lake this afternoon. The sun was up and I didn’t really expect to see much but there was plenty of activity on the lake. A flock of Australian Ibis were feeding in front of the reed-bed on the far side. I wonder if they were the same birds I had seen in the paddock just off the main road on previous days! Australian Shelduck were also present on the lake.




I missed the photo opportunity for the Carnaby’s Black Cockatoo once again. This was frustrating because I heard then calling long before the group appeared low over the trees. Whilst in my haste to set up my camera I noticed a Buff Banded Rail washing up just in front of a clump of reeds a few metres in front of me.



A fantastic finale to a flying visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment