Monday 18 November 2019

Canons Farm - As High as a Kite! I Wish!


My birding adventures have been restricted of late having had a couple of wisdom teeth removed at St Georges Hospital Tooting. My face has looked like I had been involved in a fracas but of course everything was above board having signed the consent forms prior to the operation!

Short outings close to home are the order of the day leaving me within dashing distance of my home when my face starts aching! Canons Farm is about a ten minute drive and the fields have had plenty of passerines flitting about between the fields. 
A couple of flocks of Linnet and Chaffinch have been frequenting the fields near Canons Farmhouse so I spent some time looking through the flocks before moving over to the Viewpoint to start my sky vigil. I did not have to wait long before a Red Kite drifted into view heading towards Epsom Downs. A species that is now common in the county with several established breeding sites. 
As darkness descended I was joined by Steve Gale who had been on site from late afternoon. He picked up a couple of duck which were likely to be Mallard crossing the site. A Buzzard and a Sparrowhawk were the only other raptors seen before we exited stage left and the warmth of our cars!
I wish I was as high as that Kite as face ache is not pleasant!

No comments:

Post a Comment