Thursday 21 November 2019

Canons Farm - More Gulls!


Canons Farm was very misty are dreary when I arrived mid morning. My plan was to follow the farmers tractor around and sift through the gulls that were taking advantage of the morsals that were churned up by the light plough en route.


Common 23 and Black Headed 162 numbers were up on yesterday with Herring 52 down by two thirds and not a Lesser Black Backed to be seen. Corvids were everywhere with Rook 3 seen today. The gamekeeper did shoot a Crow which emptied the fields of everything around lunch time! 

I changed tac locating the Linnet flock c200 and the mixed flock Chaffinch c100 and Linnet 124. The clicking was cut short on the Chaffinch as Mr Loud steamed through the field with his dogs sending both flocks skyward and into the far corner of the next field. I had reached 56 with many still to count!

I returned to the tractor mid afternoon where the majority of the Herring gull was unlike the few individuals in the morning! The farmer still has a few fields to do I wonder if the forecast of rain will drop something in!

No comments:

Post a Comment