Wednesday 20 November 2019

Canons Farm - Gull Fest!


This afternoon I took another pm foray to Canons Farm to find the farmer was ploughing the fields near Canons Farmhouse. The result was a Gull, Corvid and Pigeon fest on the fields. I concentrated my efforts in this area as there was always a chance of something more interesting joining the masses!


The Gulls were represented by Herring 159, Black Headed 69, Common Gull 4 and Lesser Black Backed 4. I had a large gull fly over but the jury has returned a verdict of Lesser Black Backed. 
The bird did not join the food fest on the field but did a couple of laps from above before disappearing. The debate is always photos or scope views first! Photos can be scrutinized longer than scope views!


The Linnet flock dropped in close to my position on the hedge line. This allowed me to take a clicked head count which came to 122 birds. I did not see the mixed flock of Chaffinch and Linnet today.

I will no doubt get a Birdtrack message (Unexpected high count in London area!) in relation to Jackdaw but there were at least 300 with the Crows. Wood Pigeon and Stock Dove 76 were also well represented.

The wind was bitterly cold with face ache factor thrown in therefore I cut my losses and headed for home before dusk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment