Sunday 25 July 2021

Dorset - Lodmoor RSPB - Knot a Godwit!

The weather has turned for the worst over the last couple of days. This had me wondering  if any avian gems had been pushed down by the rain. Pre-season training and football friendly’s have been taking up much of my time of late with the latter coming in thick and fast as the season draws nearer!

I took an early drive down to Lodmoor RSPB (in an attempt to avoid the dudes!) and spent the early morning on the reserve. There wasn’t much on show but the Knot in breeding plumage was present for its third day on the west scrape. Knot a godwit! Why don’t people carry books?! The source of my irritation is as a result of wasted journey's (when I've been birding elsewhere) to this site where birds have been mis-identified! It does not seem to happen elsewhere! Nuff said back to the birds.....

During my vigil from the shelter a juvenile Water Rail made an appearance which was a pleasant sight to see. Common Sandpiper, Redshank and a small flock of Blackwit and a separate flock of Dunlin were the shorebird offerings around the pools.

By lunch time I had kicked almost every bush and therefore headed for the sanctuary of the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment