Friday 9 July 2021

Dorset - Morden Bog NNR - A While Back At The Bog!

I have been spending some time at Morden Bog NNR which incidentally is only a short jaunt from my home. I met up with Brett on one visit and was given a tour of the area. During this visit dragonflies were beginning to emerge visiting the series of pools scattered over the site. I also added another species of Butterfly to my list.

There are a couple of Osprey platforms but I had not seen this species despite a few visits. This changed early one Sunday morning as a bird appeared from behind the mist and sailed off into the distance.

A juvenile Redstart which looked like it had recently fledged posed nicely on the end of a branch.

We were being watched therefore kept a safe distance from the bird.

Woodlark was also seen in the vicinity.

There are several pools just off the circular route which Four Spotted Chaser was present.

Common Blue and Large Red Damselfly were also present.

Butterflies were not that numerous but I managed to add Green Hairstreak to my Butterfly list.

I thought I had posted this a while back! Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment