Monday 26 July 2021

Dorset - Lodmoor RSPB - Morning on the Meds!

 

Today’s offering also comes from Lodmoor RSPB where the conditions were much brighter than the previous day. I completed a circuit of the reserve noting a Great White Egret in flight whilst I was checking post box pool. 

I caught up with the bird on the west scrape before venturing round to the shelter where I spent most of my time.

Med Gulls were numerous today with around 100 on one island. Amongst the masses were several juvenile birds of which I didn’t get one decent side shot of!

The adults were in varying stages of moult many resting as the sun rose after high tide.

Common Tern numbers seemed about the same but they were all checked for any infiltrators within the ranks! A Common Sandpiper, Redshank 2, and a handful of Dunlin were also on the west scrape.

More games are coming in therefore tactical planning is a must if I am to maximize my birding return!

No comments:

Post a Comment