Monday 7 January 2019

Singapore - Botanical Gardens - Hooded Pitta Number Two!


My last morning was spent at the Botanical Gardens. A Hooded Pitta had taken up residency behind the Swan Lake and despite the attentions of a Magpie Robin was still in the same area. 
I was on limited time this morning but this was an opportunity not to be missed the chance of a second bird and better views than the Bukit Timah bird. The usual bird watching suspects were at the site but the bird had not been seen for a while. In addition the Magpie Robin who fought the pitta yesterday was patrolling the area!
The pitta did show and was not phased by the papperazzi nearby and the Magpie Robin was no-where to be seen. Fantastic!

I exited stage left saying farewell to the local birders I had seen during my stay. I will be back in May were my parting words!

1 comment: