Tuesday 5 March 2019

Australia - TAS - Bruny Island - Trip Totals!


Today was to be a day of reflection (due to heavy rain) on the success of the trip so far. I will be leaving Bruny Island tomorrow and then fly to ACT Canberra (via Melbourne) on 8th. Birding will continue but not at the same pace with some tourist type adventures thrown in. A trip to Sydney will then follow and hopefully I can connect with the only NSW endemic Rock Warbler. I then depart for New Zealand and four weeks of trying to see everything. This includes several nights on Tiri Tiri Matangi (twelve endemics)and Stuart Island.  After New Zealand I return to Perth for just over a month before heading home via a few days stop-over in Singapore.

I had a lie in until 7am and then had a wander along the beach at Adventure Bay and Captain Cooks Cove. 


There were a couple of Pied Oystercatcher, Silver, Pacific and Kelp Gull on the sand. A couple of Hooded Plover were also chasing the waves as they covered the sand with foam. A small group of Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoos were observed from the comfort of my caravan during the rain. 


The rain had me in admin mode and I have updated my Wildlife Recorder with my sightings. 

The trip totals thus far are as follows:-

Singapore 90 species recorded which includes 72 life species.

Australia 225 species recorded of which 195 are life species.

Total species recorded this trip 309 with some species duplication between Singapore and Australia.

My World total 2072 with 267 lifers recorded during this trip!






No comments:

Post a Comment