Friday 14 June 2019

London Wetland Centre Barnes - Little Chance of No Rain!

The weather throughout the week has been grim with low pressure lingering over the UK bringing heavy rain and swirling winds. The prospect of another day of similar conditions saw me heading to the London Wetland Centre which is a well established reserve with plenty of cover should the heavens open up at any point during my visit.

I only visited this reserve once last year and I was a day too late to connect with the Savi’s Warbler that was a first for the county. I duly renewed my WWT membership in anticipation of making several visits to this well maintained reserve that is situated adjacent to the Thames at Putney.


The site is a key stop off point for birds that navigate the Thames as part of their migratory passage. A small number of Volunteers help staff provide maintenance of the landscape resulting in perfect habitats for breeding birds. 


There was not a great deal to report today but I recorded forty seven species including Little Ringed Plover and Common Tern.

No comments:

Post a Comment