Sunday 8 November 2020

Dorset - Ferrybridge - Masses of Meds!

My next stop was Ferrybridge where the tide was nicely positioned level with the walkway. I took a rough count of the Mediterranean Gull. There were groups of other gulls scattered amongst them but this was an impressive sight! I don’t think I have had to search out Black Headed Gull before which was  a complete role reversal from my Farm days where hours were spent looking for a Med!

A Knot was present and seemed to attach itself to the flock of Dunlin every time the birds were put up.

This gave a good size comparison against Bar Tailed Godwit that was also in the bay.

A couple of Sanderling joined the group scurrying around along the shoreline taking only a short pause to feed and then move on.

Another day in the field has come to an end and with so many sites to see will I ever get to visit them all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment