Monday 30 November 2020

Dorset - Tidmoor Point The Fleet - Dot to Dot!

The soccer season is about to resume for the man in the middle and my phone was busy for most of the morning sorting out the weekends fixtures. I eventually got out taking a brief birding skirmish to Tidmoor Point which overlooks The Fleet. A Velvet Scoter, Slavonian Grebes and a Common Scoter had been circulated by @freddyalway on Twitter.

These birds were all still present but getting pictures was another matter. I think dot shots are the best way I can describe my efforts. Sometimes I could not even see the bird having just fixed on a landmark behind it. I gave up with the Slavs in the end having attempted get some shots using my old Samsung phone attached to my scope!

There were numerous Brent Geese on The Fleet and a group of Greylag’s with a lone Canada took a mid level fly-by. The skies were getting darker and I headed for the hills mid afternoon a bit disappointed but with a couple more winter visitors under my belt!

I have met numerous people during my time here and excluding the farmer on East Fleet everyone has been very helpful in getting the new boy settled into his new county! Even the Tottenham fans are friendly down here!! Thank You all!

No comments:

Post a Comment