Friday 26 January 2024

Dorset - Puddletown Water Meadows Bardolf Farm - Second Record for the Farm!

My hot streak of new birds at Bardolf Farm continues. This morning a couple of Shelduck swam in to view remaining on Puddletown Water Meadows for the morning at least! Hugo was duly informed and he made his way down to Cattlecrush to view the birds from the North side of the meadows.

This was the second record for Bardolf Farm the last record was a flyover bird in January 1987!

I continued with my rounds and struck gold again at Athelhampton with a Firecrest in the bushes and trees adjacent to the white bridge where the Piddle crosses Athelhampton Road. I spent the next couple of hours attempting to get pictures of the bird but it has been a tricky task with the bird keeping within the vegetation. It was with a couple of Goldcrest, therefore I think the bird will remain in the area or even move up to Burleston Pond!

Not a bad day with two more additions to my Bardolf Farm life list. The Farm is certainly pulling in many species of bird of late. The water levels are playing their part!

No comments:

Post a Comment