Saturday 20 January 2024

Dorset - Upton - Waxwing Flock Finds Dorset!

My game was called off at Corfe Castle this morning therefore I was debating what to do when the day was saved by a message from Roly who stated the Waxwings were back at Briarswood Road Upton. With no time to lose I changed kit and made my way to the location!

There were a good few of the usual suspects were present and thankfully so were the eight birds that were feeding on the mistletoe which has parasitized a tree on a small green! I missed a single bird in Littlemoor the year before last therefore I was relieved to see the flock sitting high in the tree.

A couple of Mistle Thrush muscled into the action mid morning but the flock did not move too far away giving the many onlookers spectacular views of the birds. I caught up with a few Portland and Weymouth regulars that had twitched this rare event in Dorset.

Needless to say this was a new species for my Dorset tally! Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment