Thursday 14 March 2013

Nest Found!


MARCH 13th

After a torrential rain storm yesterday evening and overnight, I went out on the lagoon with Sean early am. The whole place had freshened up and I expected birds to be on the move.
A group of Wattled Jacana were seen flying low above the water. A Brazilian Teal was next across, it circled the lagoon three times obviously looking to set down but changed its mind and flew off W.

A report of a nest by one of the forest guards had me heading to the Atlantic Forest this afternoon. On the way a group of Chestnut-eared Aracari waved at me from a tree behind the tourist area. These birds have been regularly seen by other members of Para La Tierra but had evaded me! I was shown the location of the nest and collected data and took photographs of it.  

On the way back through the Atlantic forest trail Jorge was as sharp eyed as ever pointing out birds along the way. A White-crested Elaenia was the most interesting find adding another lifer to my total.

No comments:

Post a Comment